Friday, May 23, 2008

oh batu puteh


Time moves so slowly today for me. Both because I'm waiting for the Pedra result out at 4 pm and then after work its our much anticipated Le Familie Holiday. =)

and I Yikes its barely 12.15 and I have another 45 excruciating minutes to go before lunch. Karen wants Mc D today. Why not.

But after that, its another LOD and I'm off.
Will somebody kindly update me the verdict?
Mana tau I habis buat LOD I terus cabut balik umah. Ngehe.


And if you ask me why do people care so much about the tug over an island which is smaller than a football field, I'll give you an example of those who doesn't give a damn if his house is taken over by someone else. Plus, its International Law all over again. Malaysia had a good win before over Indonesia, now with a good team of experienced counsels and strong submissions on the evidence, IMHO we have a good chance, but who knows what'll the verdict be.

But whatever it is, accept the decision. No need to create a furore, whatever the decision maybe.

Doakan perjalanan kami selamat.

7 comments:

Maryam 23 May 2008 at 13:33:00 GMT+8  

wah jalan-jalan~

have a safe journey ;)

Anonymous,  23 May 2008 at 20:49:00 GMT+8  

The International Court of Justice has ruled that Singapore has sovereignty over Pulau Batu Puteh while Malaysia owns Middle Rocks.

pls take a good care baby...jgn mandi jauh2 tgh laut..tau?
im gonna missing u...

hAiRiL/spiderman_pink 28 May 2008 at 22:21:00 GMT+8  

no hard feelings eh. im a singaporean, but i love malaysia.

i think malaysia are better off focusing on managing the country. its already so huge. a tiny island would'nt matter, physically. ego wise, that's another thing altogether.

i hope one day malaysia will really become a practicing islamic state, Allahumma ameen. malaysia boleh!

amicus curiae 29 May 2008 at 14:16:00 GMT+8  

hairil...

and if the day really comes true, will you join us?

Ameen.

I think size is not the issue. bumi Allah ni luas,its just that its frustrating when it slips our from your bare hands just like that.Khilafah islamiyah is not bound by geographical factor,or is it?

hAiRiL/spiderman_pink 29 May 2008 at 14:55:00 GMT+8  

oh i will, i will. already making arrangements, and hope to be part of the change insha Allah, ameen.

in my opinion, pedra branca or pulau batu putih's issue is really controversial. singapore has been administering the island since like forever. this is unlike the case of israel and palestine.

all in all, verdict is already out. Ambil Iktibar Kejadian. sounds familiar? and no i'm not speaking on behalf of singapore. whatever i say is entirely my own opinion. not all singaporeans are bad people.

mentioning about khalifah islamiyah and geographical factor, palestine is good example and a good place to start. its heartwarming to see how passionate some malaysians are towards palestine

amicus curiae 29 May 2008 at 15:54:00 GMT+8  

hmm.

i think i've said nothing to negate singapore,hairil,and i rather not. but your reply seems to suggest im being bitter.I've got family too in singapore,so you can be sure I dont think of your people like that.

trust me,i was just saying if there is any finger pointing that need to be done,i'll start naming those from our own shores.missing documents.yada yada.it slipped out from our hands carelessly. how?why?your guess is as good as mine. there's something very wrong with the documentation system,but the problem does not stop there.I'll go to the extreme of voting for another government just to change the system.

when i said non-geographical factor,i meant regardless of different countries etc,we're united nevertheless. =) we are united muslims.

all this i wrote with a smile on my face,just in case if this reply sounds "garang". =)

(I have a serious demeanor, but a silly heart. For whatever reason, God decided that I should have a permanent frown on my face, so when I have neither a happy expression nor a sad expression I am often mistaken for being angry.)even when I blog.har har.

in solidarity.

Post a Comment

Say something worth your salt

toi plus moi =)

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP