Friday, August 07, 2009

U.N internship

Had a day long hearing of application at the Shah Alam Court.
It didn't start too well.

I thought at first that since I have no instructions to proceed, I will leave to the court to decide but the fair learned judge wanted to hear the merits of the case.

I act for the Defendants, and the first Defendant had sometime been wound-up, leaving the rest of the Defendants "un-interested" to defend anymore and insisted that I withdraw acting for them.

But I never wash my hands off something like that.

So I subjected myself to a tricky situation, having no warrant to act for the company et all, til the Court Intepreter realised my nervous face and showed his thumbs up. I felt better for his positive gesture.
But anyways.

Judge decided in my favour.
Alhamdulillah.

After court I made my way to the next building the Shah Alam Mall, to look for hiking gears when the Court Interpreter, the ever friendly Aru greeted me.

And he knows me by name :)
"Eh you nak pegi mana ni?, beli barang-barang camping?".

I told him I'm leaving for India at the end of the month to live with Mr K and for the "little project" I have to do while I'm there.I did tell him that I'm worried if its a new zone altogether, afterall practice had been the only thing I know.

Aru said "Afzan, even without the project, I think you should just go. Once you have commitment, houses to pay, children to feed, you're grounded here".

"People like you are always welcomed in Private Practice. You're passionate. So don't worry when you come back"

"I'm sure you'll enjoy India. Its beautiful, and colourful. You're going with the love of you life, so it could be the best thing, you know?"

Ahhhh.
Thanks Aru. You surely know what wreaks my havoc.
Kadang2 terkena bisikan syaitan.

I love my job.
But Family will always come first :)

7 comments:

~salwaredzuan~ 8 August 2009 at 02:02:00 GMT+8  

mana ceta UN internship nye?hadoissssss

mr K 8 August 2009 at 02:37:00 GMT+8  

yup. family come first!

great job dear, and welcome to beautiful and colorful country!

21 days to go! ^_^

Sahalfikri 8 August 2009 at 13:29:00 GMT+8  

Salam

Alhamdulillah, sihat. Sori lambat reply sbb baru bole pecah masuk FB. Maklumlah China da sekat FB kan.

Flashgun besar sgt ke? Plg besar abg pnah tahu pun yg ada ring pada lense dgn flash kat atas dia. Kalau sebesar ni pun I would suggest u not to leave it.

6 bulan bukan sekejap. Lama tu. Cuma nanti di sana tak payah la dok bawa flash tu selalu. Mungkin sometimes when u want to have outing, bole la bawa.

For the first few weeks, u should learn/know their culture. Dr segi fotografi, kena tahula diorg ni jenis camana bila nampak camera. Kena tahu gak sensitiviti capture their pix ( I kena marah kat airport Qatar sbb tgkp gambar pemandangan - they said HARAM!). Lagi, safety bawa kamera. Lagi, places worth it for photography. Dan yang penting juga, find people with same interest.

Oklah, tu je kot yg terfikir. Bukannya pandai sgt nk advice org. Juz share d experience.

Abg cadang Af try to write a book within 6 months there. Sangat berbaloi. Bila dah duduk negara orang, banyak benda kita boleh share n kita nilai sendiri. We put them on paper. InsyaAllah ada pembeli. Kena lak Af ada blog n readers. No prob. Abg bole tlg cari penerbit.

K, take care.. kem salam suami tercinta!

[Sorry, FB kena block di China. Terpaksa tulis dalam ruangan komen ni]

Nafastari 10 August 2009 at 00:42:00 GMT+8  

Eh "litte project"? Pebenda?

amicus curiae 10 August 2009 at 10:38:00 GMT+8  

emon dan j
persoalan anda berdua adalah berkaitan :P

mr k
391 hours to go.phew! kirkuk apa khabar?

abg suhail
thanks atas info.Af cuma keberatan nak bawak flash sebab selama ni pun tak guna banyak pun flash, dan merantau ni maknanya tak banyak peluang guna battery.Although ada extra battery, tapi masih risau.Maybe kene beli battery grip.

Takdela besar tapi sebenarnya rupanya cukup intimidating.Risau nanti orang2 disana tak selesa.

Thanks atas nasihat.Tak pernah terfikir pun tulis buku :) insyaAllah I will.

Athena 10 August 2009 at 23:08:00 GMT+8  

Hahaha Affy sudah tidak sabar2 menghitung hari keberangkatan ke India ;p

Kem salam kucing comel yang berjaya dirembat oleh Mr. K dan kem salam pakcik aku ;p

amicus curiae 11 August 2009 at 12:32:00 GMT+8  

ayu.....hamboi baru dapat kabar berita dari engkau..:P

seronok sangat la tu habiskan buku kat libry!

Post a Comment

Say something worth your salt

toi plus moi =)

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP