Monday, April 27, 2009

of Avenged Sevenfold

I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time
But I'm too young to worry
(a melody, a memory, or just one PICTURE)

Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over


Fariz my brother would be proud of me.

Fariz a.k.a danny boy had introduced me to this band some time ago.
He's a fan, and conveniently his screen name is danny vengeance- but I stopped short the interest to listen further to their music because the first time he showed me their video clip, I almost had a heart attack seeing the Beast and the Harlot clip~ sangat setan!
That, and just because I was not convinced when he said "band ni macam Metallica junior".


When I hear that, my interest died.
No way Metallica jr.

We put Metallica on high a music pedestal.
Alah yah si peminat nasyid tu pun dengar Metallica.
Its like her anthem on the way to work. Siap request kat aku lagi suruh burn kan the complete set sebab she says it helps her to stay awake, and which she enjoys. She says she could only stand them, as compared to the family's regulars of Deep Purple, Rainbow and Pink Floyd.

So I thought, what could a teenage-angst band deliver so much to earn that title? duh. The only Metallica-wannabes that I could stand is Beatellica, and itupun sebab mereka adalah sangat lucu! Here's a song for you:



(don't you think the frontman sounds like James? kaan? kaan!)

Anyway.
oh about Avenged Sevenfold.

Mula-mula tu I really thought they were sorta biblical group because of their name.
You know, the story after Cain murdered his brother, it was warned that anyone want to avenge Abel's death would be punished sevenfold thereafter.
Hence Avenged Sevenfold. (Hehe pandai budak2 ni cari nama.)
Lagi pulak malas nak dengar. I hate preachy songs.

But the rock chick in me decided to just experience them, and....
Yup you guessed it. I'm hooked.
I found myself constantly repeating them.

Although they sound nothing like Metallica, but I can see their influences.
Sekarang ni mana la nak cari rock band. Ada pun yang lemau2 atau teramat emo (seperti Alesana yang aku tak faham sampai sekarang. Great Piano but err no thank you! I rather have my voice back) ataupun terlalu modern..

oh ye. Mereka adalah tidak preachy.
And I particularly liked M. Shadow's voice, the guitar riffs and the band's rhythm.
(Sila compare ye his voice and Good Charlotte's wimpy frontman's voice in The River) (tersangat wimpy sampaikan Youtube taknak bagi orang malaysia tengok the clip)

When I checked my itunes, it seems I have repeated A7X more than any other artistes.
If you're a heavy rock listener, I think you should give it a go.

here's Seize the Day, with a very touching story nonetheless
And there's always something about carpe diem song -seize the day lyrics that I listen to when I'm out having a rough day.

Or on a Monday, today I dragged myself out of the bed.
Bad dreams and teary eyed.



Avenged Sevenfold - Seize the Day.3GP - Watch more amazing videos here

5 comments:

midnight blue eyed 27 April 2009 at 17:54:00 GMT+8  

you kan suka kira2 masa.
its only few hours to midnight.to tuesday.

you suka emo rock?

amicus curiae 27 April 2009 at 18:52:00 GMT+8  

naah.not today dude.

not today.
i dont feel like looking fwd to anything anymore.

bintu hasnan 28 April 2009 at 03:34:00 GMT+8  

my friend said that somehow, the avenged seven fold IS metallica's protege.

a passerby 28 April 2009 at 16:44:00 GMT+8  

GAHAHA byknye ive been missing ur updates! anyways, i dont listen to metallica, as i told u , berat sket kot. haha (wow i sentimental u!)

cekout i uploaded new song , best. but to u.. i think it makes u yawn kot ;p hehhe

amicus curiae 28 April 2009 at 18:17:00 GMT+8  

wani, yea thats what my brother told me.

alak..i meant the last clip on the blog,sure still heavy for you? no lah, any music won't make me yawn, the absence of it does!

sweet that song beb.

Post a Comment

Say something worth your salt

toi plus moi =)

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP