Thursday, April 23, 2009

on being yoga first timer

studio w: taken from ninie ahmad's blog

Afterwork I head to Studio W~ and earlier I have spoken to Intan, the everhelpful, ever cheerful manager/instructor of my intention to join one of the yoga classes.
Afterall, since I have joined 'the knock yourself out' unlimited access, I said to myself, I might as well join the yoga class.

Hmm yoga.
I know I know, now its such a passe, and the huhaa to the Majlis fatwa on banning yoga have long since died. But my curiousity have not.

(encik encik makcik makcik, physical yoga is OK (without the chanting etc), though not encouraged as it is feared that one thing may lead to another= excerpt of the edict.)

There.
The first session started with something called the alignment yoga, with the uber cool instructor named Reko (nama pun cool).

I asked Intan, what;s alignment yoga, she simply said its a yoga where you 'align' your body mechanics. Bagus la untuk orang yang bongkok sabut macam aku ini.

For my benefit, Reko demonstrated few hair-splitting moves, but after I tried it, it is not so bad. (Tapi confirm la tak boleh buat semua, Intan said not to force myself)

I can actually feel my body relaxing and boy I was wetting the yoga mat by my own sweat!
After a while I got the hook on the cat, moon (I like this the best haha) etc position. And unlike other Yoga instructor, Reko sometimes stopped to correct my positions, and the best part is she explained the benefit of every moves.

The verdict?
I like it!

I went home with all the muscle tension gone and yup, I felt lighter (although, my both feet shivers--partly my fault, I have never stretched enough).

Petang ni gwe nak pegi ber jazz pula!

8 comments:

amicus curiae 23 April 2009 at 15:08:00 GMT+8  

mari mari.

pastu kita boleh melantak (banyak doh kedai makan kat bawah)

mr K 23 April 2009 at 15:53:00 GMT+8  

hey mana boleh melantak pas bersenam! hihi

sukenye dia suke!!!! ^_^
nak joiiiiiin

amicus curiae 23 April 2009 at 15:56:00 GMT+8  

encik k,

melantak sebelum bersenam lagi la tak bley!


mana boleh joiinnnn...ini adalah studio exclusively for women only..hehe


p/s puspa kuat melantak.hahaha

amicus curiae 23 April 2009 at 16:34:00 GMT+8  

yam,

i laaagi envy you :(
3025 hrs more to endure.oh!

haundem 23 April 2009 at 16:46:00 GMT+8  

you and ur numbers makes me laugh :P

takyah kira2 la, kejap je lagi tu:D

amicus curiae 23 April 2009 at 17:01:00 GMT+8  

oh i can do in seconds too.

10890530. as we speak.

numbers comfort me.serious.

it gives some sense of reality, and it amuses me to see how time flies.

Post a Comment

Say something worth your salt

toi plus moi =)

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP